In various posts, I have described how to apply make-up and ensure that it stays where it belongs. Unavoidably, though, the question follows of how to get rid of it!
Please do not answer: with soap! It is of course possible to clean one’s face with soap. But it is also the best way to dry out your skin and possibly to irritate it as well.
I forsworn soap 30 years ago and I have been cleaning my skin with cleansing milk and lotion ever since. And my skin seems to appreciate this considerate decision I made back then.
Since in the last few years I have been inclined to use long-lasting make-up/foundation, I had to broaden my horizon to find a product with more cleansing power than a milk.
I happened upon (beautybox of lookfantastic) a cleansing balm of Eve Lom and was deeply impressed by it. My make-up disappeared after only one application and the skin felt clean without being tight.
After having finished the small jar, I hastened to buy a big one, since the product is quite expensive and of course gets more affordable in a big packaging. As you only need a pea-sized amount of the balm, the yield is going to offset the price!
Description (as given by the producer):
The multi-purpose, multi-award-winning balm has been expertly balanced to suit all skin types, and combines the brand’s signature blend of four aromatic plant oils to promote glowing, radiant, smoother-looking skin.
Clove Oil (has antiseptic properties to encourage clear skin),
Eucalyptus Oil (helps drain away toxins),
Hops Oil (tones),
Egyptian Chamomile Oil (softens and soothes),
Cocoa Butter (conditions)
- Deeply cleanses without drying or stripping the skin and removes even the most stubborn waterproof make-up.
- Thorough cleansing and gentle exfoliation enables skin cells to regenerate quickly and provides a receptive base for beauty products to work at their best
- De-congests, and with the signature massage technique helps drain toxins
- Exfoliates, tones and improves circulation when combined with the Muslin Cloth
- Softens and conditions the skin
- Visible benefits for all skin types
How to apply
- Once a day, at night for normal/dry skin types.
- Twice a day, morning and night for congested skins.
- Massage a small amount onto the face and neck onto dry skin
- Fill the basin with hot water and immerse the Muslin Cloth. Squeeze off excess water and hold the cloth over the face and neck for a few seconds while taking a deep breath. The heat will soften the skin and open the pores allowing the aromatic oils to cleanse the skin of impurities.
- Fold the hot, rinsed cloth into a square and work it in small circular movements across the face and neck to remove all traces of Cleanser and make-up. The Muslin Cloth will gently exfoliate the skin surface and encourage healthy blood circulation, and leave the skin feeling exceptionally smooth.
- Finally rinse the cloth in cool water and hold over the face and neck. This helps close the pores, giving the skin a more even, toned appearance. It also leaves the skin feeling fresh and ultra clean.
My impression: It is like a closing ritual to your day in the evening. The aromatic oils help our mind to slow down and enter “sleeping mode”. It helps also, that your skin is feeling squeaky clean …
Did I wake your curiosity about it?